About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
PT student with the dreams of becoming a baker
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

T-Shirt Costumes

Being a sorority girl, cheap costumes are a must. My favorite way to make a cheap costume is using an XL t-shirt.  So far, I have successfully completed 3 Rainbow fish costumes, 2 pumpkins, and a lime.







 They are so easy to make! All you need is an XL shirt, felt, and ribbon.  At Hobby Lobby you can get all this for under $10.

1. Cut the felt pieces in what ever shape to create the costume you desire.
2. Cut the neck of the shirt how you want it to look. (I usually cut it more on one side so it will go off one shoulder)
3. Attach ribbon to each side to tie in the back so the shirt is not so boxy looking
4. Attach felt to the shirt (I usually use a sewing machine so that I can wash it and keep it in case I need it again, but fabric glue works well)
5. Pair it with a sports bra or tank and leggings if its short

and

Voila! You are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment