About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
PT student with the dreams of becoming a baker
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pallet Coffee Table

I hated my coffee table, so I made a new one.


My landlord was throwing away this rough pallet when I thought "hmm wouldn't that make a fun coffee table".  So, I dragged it up the stairs (literally dragged... wooden pallets are A LOT heavier than you think), sanded (sort of), and painted it.  

My pallet was REALLY rough and extremely dirty.  Half way thru the cleaning and sanding process I got impatient and half ass-ed the rest.  I only put two coats of paint because I wanted the wood to show thru.  I think it gives it a little something extra.

Still unsure of what I want to do about the base.  It is currently sitting on a Pier One papasan foot stool base that I already had.   It is pretty stable and will most likely stay,

Top it with glass and throw some magazine underneath and I have myself a fun, chic coffee table that was basically free!

No comments:

Post a Comment